Sunday, April 8, 2012

Break my heart for what breaks yours

              This weekend I was able to reflect on my relationship with Christ and to rejoice in the fact that because He has risen, I get to have eternal life with Him. But as I sat through the sermon at the church, the Lord began to burden me with the lost in the world. For those who didn't get to rejoice in the risen Savior because they don't even know who He is. I remember praying at some point during the weekend for the Lord to break my heart for what breaks His. His heart is broken for the lost in the world who will spend eternity apart from Him and this broke my heart. On Friday I went to Taco Bell and I had a conversation with the lady (who knows me by name) who took my order. At first we were just chatting about Easter Plans. Then I invited her to church. That's when she told me that she does not go to church because she's an aethiest. Her own mom, who professes to be a believer, had turned her off from the church and Christ because she had been hypocritical in the way she treated her. For some reason this has stayed with me all weekend! I've prayed for more opportunities to go back and share with her or for someone to come into her life that would lead her to Christ. The Lord has used this lady and other people in my life who are not believers to break my heart for the lost. The Lord has broken my heart over other stuff as well but the greatest burden has been for the lost. 
                No this post doesn't have anything to do with my personal journey to Malawi but I'm sure He will use it when I go...I just had to share what was on my heart tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment