Thursday, March 22, 2012

Finding Purpose

                  A few weeks ago, a friend lent me the book Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. She knew that I had a heart for Africa and told me I would enjoy the book.I'm so thankful that the LORD had her lend me the book! Even though I'm only a few chapters in, the LORD has used the book not only in my personal life, but has used it to reveal my purpose in going to Malawi this summer. In the book, Katie talks about how when she first went to Uganda that she struggled in why the Lord would choose to send her halfway across the world at such a young age. The reason that the LORD gave her was to love others with the love of God. When I read that the section today, it hit me that the reason is choosing to send me half way across the world this summer to Malawi for extended period is to love others with God's love. Whether it be by loving on the orphans or widows that are a part of the program at Esther's House, sharing the Gospel with someone in nearby villages, or helping with administrative tasks, I am showing the love of God to others. I've known for sometime now that I was supposed to go back to Malawi this summer for extended stay, but now I know the purpose of me going back to Malawi this summer.
                   As for an update for where I am in preparing for my journey back to Malawi, I have just started the support-raising aspect of the journey. To learn more about Pure Mission/ Esther's House and how you can support me click on the following link http://puremission.org/give/send-a-servant/#/35. I will meet soon with people in charge at Pure Mission to find out my specific tasks to accomplish while I am over there this summer. I've completed basic training for the trip, but will soon start training with others that will be coming over while I am in Malawi this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment