Saturday, March 17, 2012

GOD ANSWERS SPECIFIC PRAYER!!

      Over the last several weeks, there is something else that the LORD has been teaching me both in life and through preparing for my journey back to Malawi. He has been teaching me about surrendering all to Christ and about praying specific prayers.
     About a month ago, during a sermon at church Pastor Nick Floyd encouraged us to pray specific prayers and to watch for and praise God for the specific answers that God gave us. One of my recent prayers has been that God would help me to be diligent with my online class (only class left to have my degree completed). Many of my close friends have prayed (and have been sweet to encourage me along the way) this along with me. The last couple of weeks have been very busy for me but the LORD has helped me to get a lot done with the class!! My specific prayer is that the LORD would help me to get the class done by May 1. And I know that He will be faithful to answer that prayer! My next specific prayer has been what areas of my life do I need to surrender to Him fully that I have not already surrendered to Him. 
    There were several areas of my life that the LORD showed me that I had not surrendered fully to Him. Some of those areas that are related to going to Malawi this summer included things like surrendering my comforts (like my favorite foods, Diet Mountain Dew, my car), my family, and the cost of the trip of the journey. I pray that my response to ALL the things that the LORD revealed to me that I needed to surrender would be giving them to Him with open hands with no grip on ANYTHING! I know that this will be hard but with God all things are possible.
     I encourage you to pray specifically & to watch and praise God for how HE answers those prayers!!


Specific prayer requests that I have for the upcoming week (related to my journey back to Malawi) are: 

  •  that I would surrender all to God
  •  that I would trust Him for the amount that I need to raise
  • that I would continue to seek God for specific things & praise Him when he provides specific answers




TO FIND OUT HOW TO SUPPORT ME FINANCIALLY PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK
http://puremission.org/give/send-a-servant/#/35

No comments:

Post a Comment