Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Words I Would Say

         
    Since finding out a couple of weeks ago that I would not be going to Malawi this summer, I have been praying that God would help me understand what He has planned for me this summer. He has been faithful to reveal a few details (and those details won't be easy but I know that they are a part of God's plan). God has also used the following song to speak to me:




Towards the end of the song there a couple of lines that go "But don't forget why you're here, take your time and pray, Thank God for each day." As much as I would like to know every detail for this summer, the Lord has reminded me to just take time to pray everyday over this summer. I don't know what it holds, but He does and I need to thank Him for each day that He gives me because it is 1) a day that I'm not guaranteed and 2) a day that will be used for my good. This song also talks a lot about not giving up hope. Though I've written before about never giving up, the Lord continues to show me where I've given up. The one thing I have to remember about not being able to go to Malawi this summer is that it doesn't mean I won't ever be able to go back (I'm just not supposed to go right now) and that the LORD will accomplish big things in and through my life (and He will do it in your life too!!) but I can NOT give up hope (and I highly encourage you not to give up hope either...just take your time and pray!!)


Another thing that the LORD has been teaching me is to take it one day at a time. So often I want to plan for the future and get so caught up in worrying about the future that I miss what the LORD has given to me that day.  Besides not being guaranteed tomorrow, we miss out on seeing what God has blessed us with that day.



This may have sounded completely scatterbrained but I really felt like it was something the Lord wanted me to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment